“The so-called 'Left-Hand Path' - that of Kaulas, Siddhas and Viras - combines the... Tantric worldview with a doctrine of the Übermensch which would put Nietzsche to shame... The Vira - which is to say: the 'heroic' man of Tantrism - seeks to sever all bonds, to overcome all duality between good and evil, honor and shame, virtue and guilt. Tantrism is the supreme path of the absolute absence of law - of shvecchacarī, a word meaning 'he whose law is his own will'." ― Julius Evola, The Path of Cinnabar.

“It is necessary to have “watchers” at hand who will bear witness to the values of Tradition in ever more uncompromising and firm ways, as the anti-traditional forces grow in strength. Even though these values cannot be achieved, it does not mean that they amount to mere “ideas.” These are measures…. Let people of our time talk about these things with condescension as if they were anachronistic and anti-historical; we know that this is an alibi for their defeat. Let us leave modern men to their “truths” and let us only be concerned about one thing: to keep standing amid a world of ruins.” ― Julius Evola, Revolt Against the Modern World: Politics, Religion, and Social Order in the Kali Yuga.

“We are born into this time and must bravely follow the path to the destined end. There is no other way. Our duty is to hold on to the lost position, without hope, without rescue, like that Roman soldier whose bones were found in front of a door in Pompeii, who died at his post during the eruption of Vesuvius because someone forgot to relieve him. That is greatness. That is what it means to be a thoroughbred. The honorable end is the one that can not be taken from a man.” ― Oswald Spengler, Man and Technics: A Contribution to a Philosophy of Life.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

MY TOTAL INDIFFERENCE

Another old blog, originally posted 11.05.07 - reposted just for the hell of it, and because the points still stand.
_______________________________________________

MY TOTAL INDIFFERENCE
TO CARS: Someone pointed out a Mercedes Pickup Truck to me the other day. Wow. I really don't care, and honestly don't know one car from another aside from size and color. If Glock made cars I'd buy one; black, ugly, durable, reliable, efficient. The only model of cars I know are the ones I've seen and liked: 1968 Lincoln Mk II, 1970 Bonneville, 1974 Cadillac Eldorado, 1986 Buick Grand National (Cadillac of Muscle Cars). Beyond that I really don't care. And I really don't want to own any of these because that means I would have to deal with the maintenance. I detest working on cars and resent it when they break down and I have to have them repaired. I just don't care about cars. I spend an average of $15 a month on gasoline if that tells you how much I drive anywhere.

TO TRAVEL: I've travelled somewhat, but am indifferent to the experience. There are places I want to see, and probably will before I kick the bucket, but it is not a burning issue. I like being on the road and staying in cheap motels better than I like actually being anywhere. The experience of other "peoples" bores me at best and annoys the fuck out of me at worst. I don't like people in general, and I generally don't travel to meet people, even people I know. It just doesn't happen. I've never been anywhere I wasn't glad to leave in three days or less, and my pleasure at returning home always exceeds whatever pleasure I experienced travelling. Way back when I worked for someone besides myself I accrued a month's worth of vacation time because I never took time off. I took off four weeks and did not leave my house! Everything I want to do is at home! [The irony of this: consensus is that I'm a fun travelling companion!?!?]

TO MEETING "FAMOUS" PEOPLE: I've met a few through no effort of my own. Most of them are as boring as anyone else you meet and quite a few of them are perfect assholes. I've never understood people who go out of their way to meet someone because they are "famous" ... who cares? Especially musicians. Most musicians I've ever met or known in my life have been pathetic childish self-absorbed assholes. I crack up every time I see someone post a photo of themselves with some "rock star." Really, if I met a "rock star" my first impulse would be to delouse. Seriously, just because someone makes an interesting work of art or music doesn't mean they have anything special going on personality-wise. In fact, often it detracts from the experience to meet the artist in person - you're better off not knowing what a douchebag the person who created your favorite masterpiece is.

TO HOLIDAYS: What do I want to do to celebrate? Nothing. I want to be left alone. When I was a child, I used to beg my mother not to have a birthday party for me because I didn't want to have to interact with a bunch of people I really felt no connection to for a whole day. I don't care if they are kissing my ass or bringing gifts. Tell them to mail the gifts, that's what the fucking post office is for!

TO CHILDREN: I detest children. Seriously, if I even hear a child's voice in the distance it is like someone scraping their fingernails across a blackboard. They are on my last nerve before they even enter the room. I would say children should be seen and not heard, but I don't even think they should be seen. Come back when you're 18. Wait, scratch that. Come back when you're 30.

Ok I feel better now. That was like lancing an aching boil, or throwing a cinderblock from a highway overpass. Blogging is cathartic.

Love,
JDS

1 comment:

William said...

How about owning a car to get you to the gun range?